Monday, March 28, 2011

Whoops! My bad!

So I have completely slacked off and stopped my 30 day challenge. Sorry to everyone who was following it, I have just been following my heart in another direction.  I have been putting a lot of time into two directions that I feel God is pulling me. One is in designs for my shop and getting it fully up and running, not just half way like it has been. The other is still a secret under lock-and-key, but hopefully I get to fill you in on it soon!





Also I have been schooling the boys in my NCAA bracket at church. I'd like to give a big shout out to VCU from Friday night for clinching my win for me and for putting to shame everyone else.  Here's a screen shot of the breakdown as it was yesterday...



As you can see, I blew them out of the water.  We actually had 26 participating brackets (some people put in two, which is why you see the numbers after some names) so the breakdown for winning is pretty awesome; 1st place takes home $195 and 2nd place takes home $65. 




I have decided that I am going to take half of my winnings and donate it to something I feel very strongly about.  I am giving this $$$ to Heart 2 Home Ministries which is the mission of my friends Rick and Patty.  They are down in Mexico ministering to a poor community and doing wonders with God's work.  Currently they are helping with constructing and running a day care for the children of the women who work at the dump outside Puerto Vallarta, so that these children can get an education and hopefully break the cycle of poverty that runs rampant there.  Personally, I am trying to assist them in getting enough money so that they can purchase a Djembe, which is a type of drum, for their worship team.  Right now their worship team consists of Rick and a local that he is teaching to play bass guitar.  As an ex-drummer I am passionate about having a rhythm section, and this isn't going to cost them a whole heck of a lot, my winning should cover 1/3-1/2 the cost of the drum.  If anyone else feels compelled to help out, either with the drum or with the misitry, please visit their website, check out what they are doing down there.  Rick and Patty are more than willing to answer any questions you may have, just message them.  And if you want to donate, the donate button is on their homepage, just make sure you put a memo on the form if you want your donation to go to a specific thing (like the Djembe) so they can slate the $$$ towards that. Thanks so much guys!!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...