Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Peaches...

I am about to have an abundance of peaches.  Every year my parents order peaches from a local lady who sells them for family that runs an orchard in Palisade, Colorado.  Every year my parents go on vacation around labor day. Every year the peaches they order come in while they are gone and I have to pick them up and do something with them (OK maybe I am exaggerating a little bit, but it feels like it).




Really I'm not complaining that I get all these wonderful peaches to do with as I please, but the timing is always anything but ideal. Like this year for example, the peaches came in today. I am at work today. I have to pick them up after work (no biggie), but I also have to pick up Squeaky and possibly Peanut too as dad had a late job on the other side of the city.  Now I am going to get home at 8pm and still have to feed the scramblers dinner, what am I going to feed them? Probably peaches, they'll live.

Last year I took a bunch of peaches and made peach cobblers that could be frozen and then pulled out and cooked. They were pretty good, so I'll probably make a few of those again this year (although I'm not positive I still have the recipe, so I may be looking for a new one).  I was also going to can some, but I'll have to see how ripe they are when I get them and if they can wait a few days until I can actually dedicate some time to them.  If not I may just blanch the skin off and freeze them. 

Anybody else have any suggestions of what I should do with them? Muffins? Breads? Let me know!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...