Monday, October 25, 2010

I am in LOVE!!!

My friend Eric is living in Japan for a few years and I thought it would be cool if I could send him to find me some craft stuff from there.  In my mind I was picturing something exciting and unique that I would not be able to find or be able to order in the states (like cool tapes or ribbons or fabric).  So I got on facebook and I sent him a message...Hey Eric, since you are in Japan, can you trying finding me washi tape... just to give him a specific thing to look for because after all he is a guy and I'm asking him to look for crafting supplies.  I even sent him a link to the Etsy site for Pretty Tape so he would know what he was looking for.  I was a little excited that he might find me something really cool, so you can imagine my disappointment yesterday when I got a message back from him stating he didn't even know the symbol for craft store or where to begin looking. 

I decided that if I want to have him go to the craft store for me, then I better find one so I can tell him how to get there. I got online today and began searching Google for something, anything about craft stores in Japan and I ran across a great blog called Okinawa hai! which has a craft section.  After looking through the blog a bit I thought it might be a good idea to see if I could find any cool fabric so I could give him an idea of what kind of stuff I was looking for.  And while searching for Japanese fabric I fell in love.  I found surfing ninjas! 


 This beautiful number can be found at Quilt Taffy's Etsy shop here. I think this is the most amazingly awesome fabric I have ever found. I want to get some and making something amazing for Peanut out of it, although I don't know what I could make him that he'd wear besides pajamas. Does anyone have any suggestions?

1 comment:

javaboju said...

You could turn that into a fantastic t-shirt with a matching headband.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...